OK, maybe I'm slow or have ADD, but doesn't this seem weird? Anyone?
According to the Environmental Protection Agency, “...even legally "lead-free" plumbing may contain up to eight percent lead.”
What's the risk of lead?
Lead is a highly toxic metal and a very strong poison. Lead poisoning is a serious and sometimes fatal condition. It occurs when lead builds up in the body.
There are no beneficial effects to consuming lead.
In children, recovery from lead poisoning can take time. Even low lead exposure can cause permanent intellectual disability.
Even low levels of lead in the blood of children can result in:
- Behavior and learning problems
- Lower IQ and Hyperactivity
- Slowed growth
- Hearing Problems
Adults are at risk, as well:
- Cardiovascular effects
- Increased blood pressure
- Decreased kidney function
- Reproductive problems
Like I said, maybe I'm slow or have ADD, but this is all very confusing to me. Can anyone explain this to me after I take my Ritalin? Anyone?